Are you a finance whiz looking for a position where your whizness will make a difference to thousands? Where your contribution’s is valued by management and colleagues? Where you get to have homemade cake and eat pumpkin pie, too?
- Oversee the financial operations of the organization and ensure timely and accurate financial reports and practices including cash management, payroll, financial disbursements, ledgers, etc.
- Enter financial information and maintain financial records for projects and for the organization.
- Prepare and maintain donor agreements.
- Manage financial control, prepare and analyze budgets, develop financial reports, and make recommendations to the organization on budget expenditures.
- Obtain approvals from the Director and from the donors for procurements and purchases for the projects and for the organization.
- Monitor expenditure to ensure that program funds are utilized appropriately by the close of the fiscal year.
- Ensure that financial reporting is completed and submitted to donors on time.
- Oversee financial audits of all the organization’s projects.
- Provide financial inputs for proposal development, project management, human resource management policies, logistics, travel and other areas of administration.
- Review payment requests and requests for additional information, and ensure that payments with the Finance team continue to move through the proscribed process.
- Assist with or lead bank reconciliations, petty cash management, voucher compilation and upload and cost projections.
- Assist and/or lead budget development, account balance management, tax remittance, tax return compilation and activity budget reviews.
- Ensure proper documentation reviews of payment requests and vouchers, proper filing and completeness of field voucher files.
- Oversee payroll and honorariums every month, and salary sheets and slips latest by the 7th of the month.
- Update the FDR chart regularly.
- Keep a check on bank balances and make fixed deposits at the highest interest rates available, whenever there is a sufficient bank balance.
- Prepare the Balance Sheet, fill income tax returns by 30 September, and FCRA returns by 31 December by our external auditor.
- Prepare a brief report of available funds and expenditure every month, and submit it to the Executive Director by the 10th of the month.
- Prepare new proposals and budgets for funders.
- Cross-check rates with multiple vendors based on quotations and bills submitted based on a test basis.
- Prepare and submit annual budgets for each center by 30 April.
- Prepare reports and certificates as required by funders or core members of LRF.
- Implement suggestions and feedback given by internal and external auditors.
- Comply with arrangements for supervision and appraisal according to the Foundation’s staff policies.
- Carry out any further duties requested by the reporting manager in accordance with your professional skills.
If you do, please mail: email@example.com
With the subject line: Stretch Your Rupeee
Smart tip: See the way we’ve spelled rupee? It’s a test of your math skill, so be sure to spell it exactly the same when you mail us!